- THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY HOURS
In observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday, VIM will be closing at 2:00 PM on Wednesday, November 26. We will resume regular business hours on Monday, December 1.
Patients needing prescription refills before December 4 must have their pharmacy submit a request no later than noon on Monday, November 24.
- PRESCRIPTION POLICY UPDATE
The Federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has made a regulatory decision to reschedule hydrocodone-combination products from a Class III to a Class II effective October 6, 2014.
Examples of these products are: Bancap, Lortab, Lorcet, Vicodin, and many cough syrups, including Tussionex
Patients taking these prescribed medications may be impacted in the following ways:
If you have existing prescriptions of these products, please contact our office directly to obtain a paper script at least 3 business days before you run out.
- NO REFILLS will be allowed by most pharmacies without a new, written prescription, even for existing prescriptions with refills.
- Pharmacies will NO LONGER BE PERMITTED to contact our office for refills, or accept NEW prescriptions for hydrocodone-combination products over the phone or by fax. A paper prescription must be presented.
- The state of NC may impose additional limitations on how these products may be prescribed.
UPCOMING TALKS - FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Many times a year, Vaughan Integrative Medicine and The Natural Vitality Center host free informational sessions on a variety of topics relating to integrative health. Unless otherwise noted, sessions begin at 6:00 PM in the lobby of Vaughan Integrative Medicine, and are free and open to the public. Seating is limited, so reservations are required. See below for information on upcoming talks:
Please check back for information on our December talk
COMPLEMENTARY mHBOT SESSIONS!
Many health problems are caused by or result from chronic low levels of oxygen in the tissues. Under pressure,
oxygen not only further saturates hemoglobin attached to red blood cells, but dissolves into the plasma,
cerebrospinal fluid, and synovial (joint) fluid. When these fluids circulate near injured tissues, oxygen passes
from them into dormant or injured cells, and speeds up healing and recovery. Dr. Vaughan strongly recommends mHBOT for:
mHBOT sessions are generally 75 minutes in length. Call 336.808.3627 ext 15 to schedule your two complimentary sessions. You do not have to be an established patient of VIM. Click here to learn more
- broken or fractured bones
- cardiovascular disease
- depression or dysthymia
- head trauma (any kind of bump on the head)
- memory loss
- neurodegenerative disorders (MS or Parkinson’s)
- sports injury
- pre- and post-surgery
Breast Thermography is a safe and promising tool for assessing breast health and for identifying breast disease that might ultimately lead to breast cancer. Also known as a Thermascan, digital infrared imaging, or infrared mammography, this leading-edge technology involves no direct contact, no pain, and no radiation exposure.
We currently have openings for January 7. Call 336.808.3627 ext 15 to schedule your appointment today. You do not have to be an established patient of VIM.
Click here to learn more
LOOKING FOR HIGH QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS?
You can purchase pharmaceutical grade supplements at Dr. Vaughan's Natural Vitality Center. Visit www.thenaturalvitalitycenter.com to learn more.
Regular Office Hours:
- Monday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- We are closed Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday (these are not considered business days)
The office will be closed on Wednesdays except for scheduled Thermascan and New Patient Orientation appointments.
Vaughan Integrative Medicine - (click here for directions)
1301 West Wendover Ave.
Greensboro, NC 27408
Voice: (336) 808-3627
Fax: (336) 808-3628